From 30th November 2015 to 8th December 2015
We’ve just visited Uganda to discover the lost royal music of the Ugandan Kingdoms. Our journey took us between Kampala (the capital) and Jinja in search of the lost music and musicians.
We’ve been posting regular updates about our journey which you can read on our Field Reports section. Including:
- Some background and the beginning of our journey to discover the lost royal drums of the Buganda Kingdom
- Context on the Entenga royal drums we’ve been searching for
- The story of Musisi – a drummer from the royal palaces and the fall of the Buganda Kingdom
- Some information on the progress of the Bigwala trumpets – an instrument we restored on a previous field trip
- Interviews with the palace players and a great deal of information on the art of drum making